On April 14th, here comes the most euphoric celebration- Baisakhi or Vaisakhi. It’s a celebration to usher in harvesting of ripen wheat crops.
Baisakhi is a day of thanksgiving, revelry, happiness and festivities on which the popular folk lore of Punjab is tuned to let everyone groove on its much exhilarating folk dance, Bhangra. Also, the day is popular for gifting and feasting. So, what are you planning to send Baisakhi Gifts to India to your loved ones?
• Baisakhi Wishes: Baisakhi is an auspicious day for many Indians, especially the communities of Punjabi and Sikhs. It was on this very day that Guru Gobind Singh set up Panth Khalsa. The farmers rejoice the day as thanking God for copious harvest, and pray for God’s grace.
Here is a list of gifts, which you can give to your loved ones on Baisakhi:
• Sweets: Every Indian festival is a perfect day to munch on delicious sweets to heart’s content. Not just for relishing, but sweets also make a traditional yet surprising gifts for Baisakhi. There are motichoor laddos, kaju barfi, kaju katli, pedas, rasogullas and other traditional sweets which you can choose as gifts for this auspicious day.
• Dry Fruits: In India, since ages people have been using dry fruits as one of the best gifts during special occasions and Baisakhi is no exception. Nowadays attractive and pretty packs as well as baskets of dry fruits are available online, which really make excellent gifts. Either you can choose from assorted dry fruit packs or go along with a particular one for your gifting purposes. There are immense options available.
• Spiritual Gifts: As Vaisakhi is an auspicious day, it would be really astonishing if you buy spiritual gifts like idols, diyas, paintings or other as gifts. A spiritual gift holds greater significance in one’s life. Not just it brings prosperity in the life of the recipients but also sustains spiritual area at home.
• Clothes: Clothes despite being age-old gifts are still in vogue in the gifting world. In India people love to endow their near and dear ones with some new clothes as a token of love. There are kurtas for men, saree and kurti for women, for kids and all. Depending on your loved one’s interest you can pick a traditional to modern piece of cloth for this auspicious occasion.
• Flowers: Well, when we talk about gifting and skip flowers, it is not gonna happen. Since ages, flowers have been serving as the most admirable gifts. Despite birthdays, flowers can also be given on Baisakhi. Either you can choose simple flower bunches or go for a well-crafted bouquet, basket or a premium arrangement, there are many options to choose from.
So, the most cheerful festival is going to make its presence, it’s time to buy gifts online and add to the jubilation of near and dear ones!